Saturday, October 11, 2008

This was my Thanksgiving centerpiece last year - and this year i will probably do something similar except maybe use a white pumpkin with cream roses.  I am having about 15 for dinner and I want to start cooking now!  I love the whole marathon and I really enjoy the shopping almost as much.  I love putting all that butter, cream, flour, sugar, nuts (yum!) and then the produce!!  Rutabaga, sweet potatoes, apples, squash, and wonderful potatoes that will be creamy with butter, sour cream and cream cheese.  I'll cook the collards a coupe of days ahead and Thanksgiving morning I will make cornmeal dumplings that will steam on top of the greens.

We are cornbread dressing people (not breadcrumbs!) and will also have chicken and dumplings, rice and another meat- probably roast beef.   That way the mashed potatoes cando double duty.  Other sides will be fried okra, asparagus and cheese sauce (the only casserole!)  Then come the desserts....I want to make a cheesecake this year, but we always have carrot cake, pumpkin pie, and something chocolate.  And i would really like to have an apple crisp.  So...five desserts is too much.  Or is it?

And this year I need to decide on the seating...I will have to use two tables.  Hmmmm...this is going to take some real planning.

So, I will attend to that in another post and next time we really will talk about biscuits! 

1 comment:

Pam Fulton said...

I have the best apple crisp recipe!! It is easy and so very sweet and yummy. Best served warm with vanilla icecream. Let me know if you want to test it out!! Of course the apples make the difference.